News - Fast-teks of Middlesex County
Whatever you need, we've got you covered.
Call now to find out what Fast-teks can do for you.
DID YOU KNOW?
Fast-teks offers affordable Memberships for both Residential and Business Customers to save you time and money!
This membership includes:
NO Annual Fee
- 20% Discount off the standard hourly service rate
- Software and Hardware Discounts
- V.I.P Priority Service
- 10% Off Preventative Maintenance Rates
- And Exclusive Offers
*Ask your Technician how signing up for a Membership can save you money!
Windows 8 Upgrade
Are you still running Windows XP? Service Pack 2 is no longer being updated and soon, Service Pack 3 will follow suit making XP more vulnerable to attacks. Upgrading to Windows 8 will give you the latest protection and best of all, it's faster and easier to use! When you are ready to make the move, let Fast-teks make it easy for you!
Tired of typing in the full web address? Use this tip to cut down on key strokes: If you want to visit Google, type in "google" (without the quotes) in your browser's address bar and then hold the <CTRL> key down and press <ENTER>. Windows will automatically fill in the rest of the web address for you!
Need a strong password but trying to remember something like Ewvo$%s! is impossible? Try using a phrase that is easy to remember and swap out letters for numbers and vice versa. For example, use "FastTeks" as your password phrase, but use this instead: F@$tTek$. Stay consistant with your characters and you'll never forget!
Fast-teks is committed to protecting your data.
- Data loss statistics are frightening for both homeowners and small businesses: Hardware and system failures account for 78% of all data loss
- Over 700,000 new viruses were identified last year alone 93% of companies that suffer a significant data loss are out of business within 5 years.
- A hard drive crashes every 15 seconds 100% of all hard drives eventually fail! Think about all of the critical data that is on your home or business computer. Financial documents, important letters, spreadsheets, presentations not to mention all of your music files and irreplaceable photos!
While CD’s and desktop backup devices are a good first step, what would happen in case of a fire, flood or break in? Your best (and safest) solution is off site data backup. Your data is securely encrypted and then sent via the internet to a level 4 data center.
Call us and we can explain all of that ‘tech talk’ to you!